I. Teaching Aims
· Students can master the structure “we will do” to introduce a party.
· Students will get familiar with the Easter party.
Ability aims t
· Students’ ability of organizing the main idea and expressing specific information about the topic will be improved.
· Students will acquire more knowledge about Chinese traditional festival as well as foreign festival.
· Students’ interest in learning English can be aroused..
II. Teaching Key and Difficult Point
Teaching key point
· How to introduce a party of their own by using the sentence structure “we will do”.
· How to organize ideas and express their own thoughts in English
Teaching Difficult Points
· How to help them improve writing ability.
· How to encourage students to express themselves in English confidently.
III. Teaching Methods
task-based teaching method
communicative teaching methods.
IV. Teaching Aids
V. Teaching Procedure
Step 1:Warming up
(1)Greet to the students.
(2)guessing game:Show a video about the Easter Day on the screen. Lead students to watch it carefully and then share their ideas about the main idea of the video. After the video, students may say something about the video’s topic. I will lead in the new lesson, the Easter Party.
Students should read the passage on the textbook and catch the main idea as well as the structure. After 3 minutes, I will list students’ answers on the blackboard. After explaining the main idea and how to introduce a Easter Party. I will guide students to introduce their birthday party by using what we’ve learned.
Step 3: While-writing
In this step, writing activities should be included.
Students will be given about ten minutes to write sentences about their birthday party. I will remind them to use the sentence structure “we will do”, and encourage them to express their own thoughts in English.
Meanwhile, I will remind students of the correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
Step 4: Post-writing
1. Students should exchange their writing with their partners to check whether there is any mistakes in sentence organization or idea expression.
2. Invite several of them to share about their writing and give evaluation as well as encouragement.Students should read their own articles and exchange their own idea about the birthday party with each other.
Step 5: Summary and Homework
①Guide the student to summarize what we have learned today.
②Share their party activities with their friends in English.
VI. Blackboard Design