2018黑龙江教师招聘考试备考：Unit5 Do you want to watch a game show?(人教八上)
1.At the end of this class, Ss will know more about the development of Mickey Mouse and American culture.
2.Ss will have a better understanding of this passage after this lesson.
1.Students can read for the general idea through fast reading and specific information through detailed reading.
1. After learning the class, Ss will express their love for their favourite cartoon character bravely.
2. Ss can foster their interest and confidence of learning English and they will more respect our culture.
Key and difficult points:
Key points: 1.Have a better understanding of the whole passage.
2.Learn to use read strategies in ordr to comprehend the passage efficiently.
Difficult points: Cultivate Ss interest of learning English and encourage them to express their own idea about cartoons.
Teaching Methods:Communicative language teaching method,
task-based teaching method and multi-media teaching method.
2. Show 3 pictures about different cartoons and ask volunteers to introduce them. Then I will ask them:What’s their favourite cartoon? Lead in today’s topic:Mickey Mouse.
1. In this stage, I will ask ss to look at the picture on the screen and tell them the picture is selected from the passage and ask them to predict what will the passage talk about from it?
2. I will give them 2 minutes to discuss it and share their opinions.
1. Global reading : 3 minutes to skim the passage and then tell me the main idea of the passage and at the same time, they will check whether their prediction is true or not and give them some evaluation.
2. Detailed reading: 8 minutes to read the passage carefully and find out concrete content of time line: November 18.1928, 1930s, November 18.1978.
3. 5 minutes to read it again and answer 4 questions on the screen.
In this stage. I will ask ss to discuss their favourite cartoon with their partners and share them with the whole class in 5 minutes.
Step5 Summary and Homework
1. The teacher and ss summarize this lesson together.
2. Surf more information about American culture.
November 18.1928: Steamboat Willie came out in New York
1930s: Walt Disney made 87 cartoons with Mickey
November 18.1978: Mickey became the first cartoon character